See :>)azZClefs here
The Document: Five Minor 7 scales
A minor scale can be defined as any scale with a minor scale-tone tonic chordbut without a major 3rd (measured from the scale tonic).
The scale must contain:
- a minor 3rd
- a perfect 5th
The minor pentatonic scale and the blues scale are minor scales, but the 8-note dominant scale is not : it contains an ambiguous major 3rd. Neither is the 8-note diminished scale because a minor scale-tone chord can not be formed on its tonic note (it lacks a perfect 5th).
They are (in order of their importance in Jazz):
- Dorian mode – characteristic notes : 6 and b7
- Harmonic minor scale – characteristic notes : b6 and 7
- Aeolian mode (natural minor scale) – characteristic notes : b6 and b7
- Melodic minor scale – characteristic notes : 6 and 7
- Phrygian mode – characteristic notes : b2, b6 and b7 ……
follow the link above for the complete post