Originaly released in Backlash, this composition of Freddie Hubbard has been played by many others artists.
Freddie Hubbard updated with the aid of Al Jarreau’s lyrics and vocals. Composed in mostly minor keys, the song is perfect for lazy listening, introspection, or meditating.
the part here; Little Sunflower
Backlash is a 1966/1967 album by trumpeter Freddie Hubbard, his first released on the Atlantic label. It features performances by Hubbard, James Spaulding, Albert Dailey, Bob Cunningham, Otis Ray Appleton and Ray Barretto. This is Hubbard’s twelfth overall album.
All compositions by Freddie Hubbard except as indicated
- “Backlash” (Don Pickett) – 4:15
- “The Return of the Prodigal Son” (Ousley) – 5:42
- “Little Sunflower” – 7:55
- “On the Que-Tee” – 5:47
- “Up Jumped Spring” – 6:43
- “Echoes of Blue” (Cunningham) – 9:44
- Freddie Hubbard – trumpet, flugelhorn
- James Spaulding – alto saxophone, flute
- Albert Dailey – piano
- Bob Cunningham – bass
- Ray Appleton – drums